- Senior Associate Attorney
Dana Marie Rueckert, Esq. joined Hoover Krepelka in October 2018 as a Senior Associate. Ms. Rueckert is a an empathetic and down-to-earth litigator and mediator, with a special interest in advocating on behalf of those who cannot advocate for themselves. In 2017, Ms. Rueckert was accepted to the San Mateo County Family Law Minor's Independent Counsel organization as a Minor's Counsel. In April, 2019, Ms. Rueckert was accepted to the Santa Clara County Family Law Minor’s Independent Counsel organization and she is presently accepting court appointments to represent minor children in high-conflict custody cases both San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.
Ms. Rueckert passed the October 2017 administration of the Legal Specialist Examination in Family Law. She is in the process of completing her practical requirements to obtain her Certified Family Law Specialist designation through the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
During her time at the USC Gould School of Law, Ms. Rueckert was a board member for USC OUTLaw, a student organization advocating for the rights of LGBTQ+ persons both nationally and internationally. Following her graduation in 2011, Ms. Rueckert worked with the Department of Child Support Services in Santa Clara County until entering private practice in 2013. Ms. Rueckert has been accepted to the list of Northern California Super Lawyers in 2019.
In her free time, Ms. Rueckert plays softball with the Ruckmakers in the Oakland Recreational League, practices Bikram Yoga, and listens to true crime podcasts.
- California, 2011
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2011
- Major: Certificate in Entertainment Law
- University of California - San Diego
- B.A. - 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Mateo County Bar Association , Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association - Family Law Section , Member
- San Mateo County Women Lawyers' Educational Foundation , Board Member - Treasurer
- San Mateo County Barristers Section , Member
- San Mateo County Family Law Minor's Independent Counsel , Minor's Counsel
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts , Member
- USC OUTLaw , Board Member
- USC Lawcapella , Musical Director
- UCSD Beat - A Capella
- UCSD Mock Trial, Vice President of External Affairs
- Minor’s Counsel Panel in Santa Clara County , Present