Monica R. Nemec
- Senior Associate
Monica R. Nemec is a first-generation Czech American and native Californian. She attended the University of California, Berkeley in 2008, where she studied and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Legal Studies. She later received her Juris Doctorate from the Golden Gate University, School of Law in 2013, where she earned the Witkin Award for Excellence in trial advocacy. In 2017, she graduated with her Master’s degree in Public Policy from Vanderbilt University.
Before joining Hoover Krepelka, LLP, Ms. Nemec advocated for individuals, who are facing mental health issues, and for two years, she promoted the mental health policy in Washington, DC. She was one of the original proponents of efforts to designate a 3-digit phone number for mental health emergencies.
Ms. Nemec is a native Czech speaker and speaks French fluently due to attending bilingual schools through the end of high school. Her immersion in other cultures helps her understand intercultural dynamics and how they correspond in family law matters.
In her free time, Monica R. Nemec enjoys taking Barre classes, practicing yoga, and crafting refreshing cocktails for family and friends.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D., 2013
- Honors: Witkin Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor’s Degree in English and Legal Studies, 2008
- Honors: Legal Studies Thesis
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, 2017
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2022